Thesis: Progress Presentation + Feedback3.0 — Final Major Project
This week we had a formative assessment during which we had to present our thesis progress to academic board to get some feedback.
Here is my presentation:
The main critical points of the feedback were:
- Too much stuff. You need to clarify what position you’re standing in/coming from eg. Are you a designer looking to and analysing film or vice-versa?
- Take a look at the notion of Mac gaffing. Extracting object from the film. Tricky territory of props.
Grouping. Is cabinets the right word?
- What’s your rationale? At the beginning your focus was on how the way of using objects in cinema could improve VR experience? And you kind of dropped it.
- Why atmospheric? Why this area? (I think this is the same question as the previous one)
- Stop thinking about art as objects. And start thinking about those triggers for experience. Check Ascot. Telematics.
- You didn’t mention the two big words you’re working with – diegetics and phenomenology. You need to examine this vocabulary.